8.14.2008

odds & ends, sixes & sevens

First off, just so you know, I don't like shopping. The ACT of shopping. I like the new stuff, sure, and I can browse online with the best of them, but actually going to multiple stores over multiple hours, wandering around looking at stuff? It makes me anxious and cranky.

All that is preface to my larger point which is that I just spent SIX (and half!) hours running errands.

SIX!

How is this possible, you ask? Here's the recipe:
combine one part gone-a-lot-lately
with one part leaving-again-tomorrow
with 3 parts upcoming weddings
and a tablespoon each of:
-schools starts the day we get back
-my eyeglass prescription is about to expire so i have to get those new glasses immediately
-and a list of little items that have been waiting patiently all summer for me to deal with them

Someone should give me a medal.

There was an epic cage-match between Nap & Coffee when I got home, but I am happy to report that Coffee won and the productivity shall continue for the rest of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DaaaaaanG! Good for you! Can't wait to see you! Read your email when you get a chance.....