1.01.2011

2011

Ways in which it started right:
-neither Owen nor I seem to have caught the bug that had Adam puking through the entire state of Illinois yesterday.
- our cat didn't destroying anything worse than his usually roll of papertowels while we were gone
-brunch @ Black Bear Bakery- those anarchist make a mean quiche
-naps all around

Elements that contributed to a less than auspicious start:
-anarchists seem to not care about serving cold pancakes.
- large pieces of our house blew off in the crazy storms yesterday & are now laying about our yard.
- after a month of an extremely happy baby we seem to be entering the teething phase. Hold on to your hats.

I don't get misty-eyed about the arrival of a new year and I don't do resolutions, but I will say that 2009 & 2010 were completely insane, and if I am really going to finish my dissertation then 2011 is not going to be a walk in the park either. Despite the sense of impending doom, in 2011 I plan to cuddle my baby as much a possible & read more books & fewer blogs. Ready? Let's do this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fine way to ejoy your life. Blessings to you and yours sweet Ginger. Love, Patty

Laura Bear said...

Sounds good!!
fewer blogs!? I hope I make the cut!

grace said...

"Whoop's" a gas. I'm with you, girl on the NY Times! You could consider adding, "can now scratch the itch on my noes with my big toe, thanks to Owen" to your profile...
Best to y'all in the new year!
nancy