2.11.2009

25



25 Random Things -- About Billy Bragg

1. I was twenty one years when I wrote this song
2. I'm twenty two now, but I won't be for long
3. People ask when will you grow up to be a man
4. all the girls I loved at school are already pushing prams
5. I loved you then as I love you still, I put you on a pedestal
6. They put you on the pill
7. I don't feel bad about letting you go
8. I just feel sad about letting you know
9. I don't want to change the world
10. I'm not looking for a new England
11. I'm just looking for another girl
12. I don't want to change the world
13. I'm not looking for a new England
14. I'm just looking for another girl
15. I loved the words you wrote to me
16. But that was bloody yesterday
17. I can't survive on what you send
18. Every time you need a friend
19. I saw two shooting stars last night
20. I wished on them but they were only satellites
21. Is it wrong to wish on space hardware
22. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care
23. I don't want to change the world
24. I'm not looking for a new England
25. I'm just looking for another girl

Sigh. Go buy that song now. It is so good.

___
post script-- I did finally tag back all the people who 25-things'd me on Facebook, and in all the pressure to come up with a list that was equal parts self-deprecating humor and dry sharp wit I completely forgot the two most defining aspects of my existence:
1. Sneezes, to me, are like fingernails on a chalkboard. I try to keep my recoiling disgust in check but inside I'm writhing in discomfort.
2. I eat a lot of candy, and my preferences tend toward the kinds targeted at eleven year olds--no artisan dark chocolate truffles for me, thanks. I'll just grab that box of Spree.
So there, I didn't tag you in the original 25, but you got the good ones anyway.

No comments: